|A Brief History of Hele’s School.
The original school was founded in 1850. The move to the Quarry Lane site was planned in 1938, but the war intervened and it wasn’t until 1958 that work commenced on the new school. It was designed by Vinton Hall, the Exeter City Council architect and was opened on September 1st 1959.
|At this time the Exeter Technical School then became Hele’s Annexe. In 1973 Hele’s School lost its status as a grammar school and became comprehensive. In 1983 until its closure Hele’s School became St Peter’s and for the first time accepted girls. All this has now been demolished and transformed into a playing field.|